Thursday, April 21, 2011

How to Achieve Great Things

 

How to Achieve Great Things
by Jane Powell
 
“You’re as great as your thoughts.”
 
Imagine your ideal self – a person filled with health, happiness and prosperity. Imagine living the life of your dreams.
 
This life is not as distant or unreachable as it may seem. You are a reflection of your thoughts. If you think you can do great things, you will. If you think you can’t, you won’t.
 
For change to happen you need to enlarge your thoughts. You need to hold a vision of yourself that will carry you through adversity and give you the strength to climb mountains.
 
So, hold your ideal self in your thoughts. Stay true to it. You will become as great as what you hold in your mind.


 

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd finger paint more, and point the finger less.
 I'd do less correcting, and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I would care to know less, and know to care more.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
 I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I'd run through more fields, and gaze at more stars.
 I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
 I would be firm less often, and affirm much more.
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd teach less about the love of power,
And more about the power of love.
 Diane Loomans

 

Making it happen
If you’re weary, it may not be from what you’re doing. Your weariness could be caused by what you continue to put off doing.
 
Having an uncompleted task hanging over you, day after day, week after week, wears on you constantly. To free yourself from that burden, go ahead and get it finished.
 
Instead of putting your energy into worry and avoidance and procrastination, put your energy into getting the job done. The way to have more energy is to make productive use of the energy you have.
 
This day will soon come to an end, no matter what you do. You have the choice of feeling satisfied with all you’ve accomplished, or disappointed that another day has passed without anything to show for it.
 
Choose to make good and valuable use of the time you now have. Decide to free yourself from the burden of what needs to be done by actually getting it done.
 
Imagine the satisfaction you’ll feel, and imagine the new options you’ll have. Now get busy and enjoy making it happen.
 
Ralph Marston


 

" Morning Coffee"
Created, and maintained by:Dizzyrizzy@comcast.net GrandmaGail2BC@aol.com
Copyright © 1996 -2010
" Morning Coffee" all rights reserved.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment