Sunday, July 3, 2011

End Your Anger Struggles

 
End Your Anger Struggles
by Jane Powell
“Take time to think before you act.”
When you find yourself getting angry or resentful toward your partner, it’s natural to start blaming. First, you yell; then the argument escalates into damaging accusations.
Be aware that when you do this, it only perpetuates more hurt and anger. To avoid painful words, stop and think about how you feel and why.  This will dissolve the negative energy, right away, and help you move to a place where you can focus on what is most important.
After you’re clear about how you feel, focus on your needs. Ask yourself what you need to feel better about the situation. It may be as simple as a phone call, if your partner is running late, or a pocket organizer that helps your partner recall important dates.
Next time anger strikes, take a moment to focus on your feelings and needs. Share them in a non-threatening way, to replace hurt and anger with happiness.

 
I proclaim that today is a perfect day to claim
Custody of my life; to realize that it’s choice,
Not chance that creates fate in life.
I proclaim victory over the circumstances
That have presented themselves in my life
And I will look for a way through,
Under, around or over the mountains
That seem to stand in my way.
I proclaim that this day and every day
Is a blank page - a new chance to accept
What I need to and change what I can.
I proclaim that it is never too late to start over;
To call for a re-do. I can learn the lesson,
Then forgive and forget.
I proclaim that I will own my own power…
Even when it seems hopeless and there is no light
At the end of the tunnel.
I proclaim that I am perfect in my imperfection;
I will strive to quiet my mind
And forgive myself for falling short.
I proclaim that when I am frustrated,
Unfulfilled, distracted or negative
I will become a Master of Change
And select another emotional state. I choose to grow!
I proclaim that when I get to the end of my rope
I will tie a knot and hang on. I realize
If I want the rainbow, I have to put up with the rain.

 
Achieving excellence
You’re not here to just get by. You’re here to live life with excellence.
Excellence requires your focused effort and devotion. Excellence comes from your commitment to getting it right.
Excellence is well worth all that effort and commitment. When you live with excellence, you live at life’s highest level.
If you’re going to do something, do what’s necessary to do it with excellence. If you’re going to spend the time and make the effort, make enough effort to make it great.
You are absolutely capable of achieving excellence in your own unique ways. Why would you settle for anything less?
Instead of merely getting by, get excited about your best possibilities. And then get going on fulfilling them with excellence.
The whole world is lifted higher by those who choose to create excellence. Be a source of relentless excellence and truly make a difference.
Ralph Marston

 
" Morning Coffee"
Created, and maintained by:
Dizzyrizzy2U@aol.com
GrandmaGail2BC@aol.com
Copyright © 1996 -2011
" Morning Coffee" all rights reserved.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment