Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Heal Past Hurts

 

Heal Past Hurts
by Jane Powel 

“You were born with the capacity to believe.”

You were born with a capacity for great courage, for trust in your surroundings and for faith in yourself. But something may have happened along the way that changed this positive capacity.
 If you were criticized at an early age and denied encouragement by those you trusted you could learn to believe that something was wrong with you. Over time, such beliefs may appear as the absolute truth – a definition of your identity.
Guess what? It’s simply not true! You are perfect and it’s time to act that way. As hard as it may be to regain your self-esteem, you can forget and forgive what happened when you were young. You can regain the courage, trust and faith that are your birthright, by recognizing that, although youthful disillusionment can’t be changed, it can be overcome. 

Approaching Each Day
I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have.
Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.
Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.
Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.
Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new job relationships.
Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job to go to!
Today I can complain because I have to go to school or eagerly open my mind and fill it with knowledge and adventure.
Today I can dejectedly murmur because I have housework to do or I can feel grateful for shelter for my mind, body and soul.
Today stretches ahead of me, waiting to be shaped, and here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping. What today will be like is up to me. And I shall decide what kind of day I shall have!
How will you live this day?


 

Somewhere out past where you're now comfortable, there's a pleasant surprise. 
Beyond what you already know you can do,
there are exciting and fulfilling and new things you'll be able to do.
There's a very short distance between what you think you can do and what you don't think you can do. That distance is the size of just one thought.
Once you decide that it is possible for you, it is possible for you. 
Once you have the thought that it can be done, it can be done.
The world you experience is contained within the world you expect to experience.
Expect more, and suddenly a whole new set of possibilities will open up to you.
Ask yourself what you would like to be able to expect.
Then go ahead and bring your expectations in line with your desires.
Each day is an opportunity to grow beyond yourself while at the same time more fully expressing your authentic self. Touch your highest vision, expect it to happen,
and you'll surely see your way there.

Ralph Marston

 
" Morning Coffee"
Created, and maintained by:Dizzyrizzy@comcast.net GrandmaGail2BC@aol.com
Copyright © 1996 -2010
" Morning Coffee" all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment