Thursday, March 17, 2011

Make the Ultimate Commitment

 
Make the Ultimate Commitment
by Jane Powell
 
“Commitment is a way of life.”
 
The ultimate commitment is the one you make to yourself.
 
Today, make the commitment to yourself to take full responsibility for your life and to make the most of it.
 
Remember time waits for no one. The choices you make and the actions you take, today, determine your tomorrows.
 
Say farewell forever to excuses, indifference and regrets. Stand up, claim what you want and get ready to do what it takes to get it.
 
In other words, commit yourself and never settle for less than your ideal. 


 

If I had but a single day,
Where would I go ? What would I say?
How would I choose my time to spend?
What would I do before day's end.
If I only had one day?
If I had but a single day,
Would I relive some yesterday?
Would I recall all my regrets,
The jobs undone, the useless frets,
If I only had one day?
If I had but a single day,
Would fear of some tomorrow play
Upon my mind and steal from me
The present opportunity,
If I only had one day?
If I had but a single day,
Would labor claim my night and day?
Would every waking moment be
Consumed to grasp prosperity,
If I only had one day?
If I had but a single day,
Would I sit back from all the fray
And wait for someone else to take
Initiative to make it great,
If I only had one day.
If I had but a single day,
Would I find time to kneel and pray?
Would kindness, love, and charity
Toward others take priority
If I only had one day.
Indeed, I have a single day.
I can't recover yesterday.
Tomorrow is beyond my grasp.
I can't control future or past.
For I only have this day.
 
 

You can think and you can feel. You can reason and you can abandon all reason.
You can understand logic and you can appreciate beauty. You can find great value in a mathematical formula and also in the chorus of crickets on a summer night.
 
Do you understand the limitless possibilities that arise from such a potent combination? Can you feel the power that lives within your spirit?
 
When your thoughts and your feelings support and encourage and amplify each other, truly great things happen. When your creativity is enabled by discipline, and when your thoughts are energized by passion, nothing is out of reach.
 
If your thoughts stray too far from your purpose, you can feel your way back. If your feelings keep you stuck in one place, you can think your way out.
 
You are one, and yet you can think as well as feel. Continue to more fully experience the wholeness of that miraculous contradiction, and you'll know that it is no contradiction at all.
 
Ralph Marston
 
 
" Morning Coffee"
Created, and maintained by:Dizzyrizzy@comcast.net GrandmaGail2BC@aol.com
Copyright © 1996 -2010
" Morning Coffee" all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment