Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stop Annoying Thoughts

 

Stop Annoying Thoughts
by Jane Powell
"Free yourself from anxiety by chasing away the ‘What-if’s?’”

“What-if?” So many negative thoughts start with these two words. “What if I’m late for work?” “What if I don’t lose weight?” “What if I don’t go to my friends for dinner because I’m too tired?” What if…what if…what…if!

Each anxious thought leads to another anxious thought, and another – only to feed a negative spiral of worry. Before you know it, your heart races, it’s hard to breathe and there’s a knot in your stomach the size of a pot roast.

Catch yourself! Next time you fall in to the “what-if” trap, stop it in its tracks. Turn your thinking in a positive direction. It takes time and consistent practice, but the freedom from anxiety is well worth the effort.

 HOLD MY HAND

Little girl and her father were crossing a bridge.
The father was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter,
"Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river."
The little girl said, "No, Dad. You hold my hand."
"What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father.
"There's a big difference," replied the little girl.

"If I hold your hand and something happens to me,
Chances are that I may let your hand go.
But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens,
You will never let my hand go."

In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its
Bond.

So hold the hand of the person who loves you rather than expecting them to
Hold yours...

~~Unknown

 

Life comes to you in great abundance. There's no need to gulp it.
Lovingly taste each moment as it comes. Take care not to hurry past the richness that is already here.
Tomorrow's treasures can wait until tomorrow. Live today's treasures while they are here.
Give yourself time to absorb the goodness of now in all its bounty. Give yourself time to live with meaning, instead of just rushing through.
There is more than enough available to you already. Instead of striving toward what's next, make the most of what's now.
It is all here, now. Live the abundance in your own special way.
Ralph Marston

 

 " Morning Coffee"
Created, and maintained by:Dizzyrizzy@comcast.net GrandmaGail2BC@aol.com
Copyright © 1996 -2010
" Morning Coffee" all rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment